Fundraising is an indispensable part of any successful Instrumental Music and Color Guard program. Funds raised supplement donations received and allow for the sustainment and improvement of our music and color guard programs which directly benefit our students. We have a number of fundraisers that we do all year round, others that we do annually, and still other fundraisers we do when the time seems right. There are many opportunities for families, friends and alumni to participate in these fundraisers – select two or three or more – and join the fun.
Cash for Gold
Do you have broken jewelry? Please consider donating these items no matter how small. You will be surprised how much it can help our program.
Please view Cash for Gold flyer for more information.
ARAMARK provides all training needed to manage a stand. We coordinate Food handlers, TEAM (alcohol) training, Be the Difference customer service training and detailed stand training. We will go over cash register operations, inventory tracking and end of the night clean up and settlement. We hold our trainings at the Valley View Casino Center. Payment to groups varies based on the event type. Typically, it’s a flat Rate of $60 per cashier, cook and back up/ helper position and $80 for the Stand Lead. Volunteers must be at least 17 years old. Volunteers on a cash register must be 18 to sell beer in a concession stand It’s a fun and exciting atmosphere! With events added all the time this is one of the few locations open to fundraising all year around. To sign up for training email Alfred Farmer at email@example.com
View the Aramark Schedule for more information.
The fastest way to help is to buy any of these beautiful gardening products. Our organization needs your help. For every purchase made on this site Flower Power Fundraising will give 50% back to Rancho San Diego Music Foundation. Read through this page and see how you can help and enjoy the convenience of online shopping, check out www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/i/t/291249/6FslCS31C6om !
Every student is encouraged to volunteer for at least 2 hours per car wash and talk to people about bringing their cars. Dress comfortably, wear sunscreen, and come ready to work or show your spirit holding signs. Car Washes will be scheduled throughout the year at different locations. For more information, contact our Car Wash Coordinator: this position is open.
We need everyone to plan ahead and set-aside items to donate to our Rummage Sales (a.k.a, Garage Sale and Yard Sale). Rummage Sales will be scheduled throughout the year. Parent volunteers will be required to help collect, transport, and price the items and run the sale. For more information, contact our Rummage Sale Coordinator: Teresa Sumprer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our annual auction is a great night during the spring semester that everyone should attend. We will need parent volunteers to send letters, visit vendors, solicit donations items, make baskets, and set up the room. For more information, contact our Auction Coordinator: This position is open.
Gift Cards (Scrip)
What Is Scrip?
Scrip means “substitute money”. When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing prepaid gift cards and negotiable gift certificates that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for the Valhalla Band and Color Guard.
How scrip generates revenue for Valhalla Band and Color Guard
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Our organization, the Rancho San Diego Music Founcation (RSDMF), buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount from two to fifteen percent or more – is revenue for the Valhalla Band and Color Guard.
Scrip is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. RSDMF members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with scrip.
View the Scrip Flyer for more information.
View the Gift Card Order Form to see the extensive selection of gift cards and the % of revenue.
The instructions will be in three parts,
view the Great Lakes Scrip's Center Instructions Part one
view the Great Lakes Scrip's Center Instructions Part two
view the Great Lakes Scrip's Center Instructions Part three
for detailed information on how to set up an account and/or establish PrestoPay.
To order gift cards:
- There are three ways you can order. First, you can fill out the Family Order Form (printed from the above link), or can establish a "Family Account" on line with Great Lakes Scrip www.shopwithscrip.com which will generate your order (which can be printed from the website), or after establishing your "Family Account" on line, you can pay on line after making your selection, with "Presto Pay."
- For the first two options noted above, send the Order Form and your payment to the Band Room c/o Barbie Anthony or use the Band Room’s DROP BOX.
- Payment can be made by cash or check (payable to RSDMF with your student’s name on the memo line).
- If you have special or urgent delivery requirements, please notify the Gift Card Coordinator below. Otherwise, the Gift Cards will be ordered at the specified date on the calendar. The gift cards will be delivered within one week of the order being placed.
- Your student will receive your order from Barbie Anthony to bring home unless you make other arrangements with the Gift Card Coordinator.
For more information, contact our Gift Card (Scrip) Coordinators: Teresa Sumprer, 619-741-2865, email@example.com .
Grocery Club Cards
Grocery shopping can help our band and color guard - and it's free! Use your Vons Club Card, or Ralph's Rewards Card and we will receive a contribution from the store based on your purchase.
To make your Vons Club Card work for us please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.eScrip.com (see eScrip for more information)
- Click on 1 Sign Up It’s Free (right side of page)
- Click on Group ID enter ID #152085450 then click on Search
- Click on Rancho San Diego Music Foundation proceed to next step
- Enter Name, Address etc…. click on next
- Select Card Type (from drop down menu) enter your Vons Club Card # click on next
- Select Credit Card (if you would like to use your credit cards to similarly make money for us) or just click on next
- Confirm your information and click on Confirm
Through their Community Contribution Program Ralph’s Card holders can donate a percentage of their purchases to support our instrumental music and color guard programs. To make your Ralph’s Card work for us please follow these instructions:
- Simply register online at www.ralphs.com
- Be sure to have your Ralphs REWARDS card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up
- If you do not have a Ralphs REWARDS card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Ralphs
- Click on Sign In or Create an Account
- Most participants are new online customers, so click on Create an Account
- Sign up for a Ralphs Account by entering, entering your email address and creating a password, zip code, clicking on favorite store, enter your card number and personal information, agreeing to the terms and conditions then 'Complete Registration'
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step
- Click on Edit Community Contribution information and input your 5 digit Non Profit Organization (NPO) number, 91882, click search, select your Rancho San Diego Music Foundation organization and save changes
- Now, view your profile including your organization participation
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after you register your card(s)
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-660-9003 to get your REWARDS card number
- You must swipe your registered Ralphs REWARDS card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Ralphs REWARDS card when shopping for each purchase to count
For more information, contact our Grocery Club Card Coordinator: Teresa Sumprer, 619-741-2865, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Help our Instrumental Music and Color Guard without having to do more than you already are doing. A onetime sign up with eScrip will help our program every time you shop. It is safe and easy. Register your gas, food, or other credit cards and every time you shop, money goes automatically to us. It does not come out of your purchase or pocket. It costs you nothing.Help our Instrumental Music and Color Guard without having to do more than you already are doing. A onetime sign up with eScrip will help our program every time you shop. It is safe and easy. Register your gas, food, or other credit cards and every time you shop, money goes automatically to us. It does not come out of your purchase or pocket. It costs you nothing.
What is the eScrip Program?
Participating merchants contribute each time our families make a purchase using their grocery club or registered credit cards. There are no receipts to collect, no vouchers or certificates to buy, no hassles for you - and every purchase counts. For a list of participating merchants go to www.escrip.com and click on the "family of merchants" tab at the top of the page. Select "your region" and "your category" to see local participating merchants. Also, click on the link (right bottom) "online merchants" or the eScrip Dining Rewards square (bottom right corner) for additional participating merchants.
How does it work?
eScrip has created a system that rewards customer loyalty by contributing a percentage of purchases made by participating families to school based groups. Parents, teachers, friends and families are encouraged to register their grocery club cards (e.g., Vons Club), and existing credit/debit cards as supporters. A percentage of all purchases made at eScrip merchants will be given back to the RSDMF.
To register please go to www.escrip.com
Our eScrip name: Rancho San Diego Music Foundation
Our eScrip #: 152085450
For more information, contact our eScrip Coordinator: Teresa Sumprer, 619-741-2865, email@example.com
eLabels for Education
For more than 38 years, Labels for Education has been awarding free educational equipment to schools in exchange for proofs of purchase from the Campbell family of brands. The brands also include Glad, Post, Bic, Dannon's Kids Yogurt, Pepperidge Farm, and many more. The label is usually combined with the UPC code. Collect and cut out labels and put in the collection box located in the music room. Don't want to cut out UPC codes? Register your grocery shopping card for Ralphs, Von's or Albertson's at www.eLabelsforeducation.com and select Rancho San Diego Music Foundation. After you register, each time you purchase a qualifying product RSDMF will receive one point. If you choose, you can still collect and clip the UPC code even after you register your grocery store shopping card. Just turn them into the collection box as noted above, and RSDMF will still receive the points both electronically and by the clipped UPC codes. To see an entire list of products visit www.elabelsforeducation.com .For more information, contact our eLabels for Education Coordinator: Teresa Sumprer, 619-741-2865, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Valhalla Band and Color Guard recycles toner and inkjet cartridges, laptops, ipods, cell phones, mp3 players, digital cameras and GPS devices for money. All you have to do is send these items to school with your student, and the student needs only to drop the items into the recycle bin. It is that simple. If your office or place of business does not recycle these items, please consider collecting them to support our fundraising efforts while helping to keep our earth green.For more information, contact our Recycling Coordinator: Teresa Sumprer, 619-741-2865, email@example.com .